Kilmaley Community Text Alert was set up in 2014 with the aim of trying to prevent crime from happening and aid the Gardai in resolving crime and antisocial behaviour within the parish. The scheme provides the following:
- Text alerts from the Gardai to all members regarding anti-social or criminal activity in the Parish.
- New Text Alert Signs erected at strategic locations throughout the parish.Grants are available to the purchase of panic buttons and other technologies to help the security of the elderly and those living alone.The feedback we have received as to the benefits of the Text Alert System include:
- Reduction in crime.
- Community feel safer.
- Increased communication between An Garda Siochána and the community.
- Gardai are now able to get information to the community instantly.
- Gardai can canvass hundreds of subscribers instantly should they require or wish to provide information.
- Some house insurers give a discount if you are a member of a community alert group.CommitteeChairman: Noel Carmody
Secretary: Breeda Greene & Verona O’Neill
Treasurer: Brendan Connellan & Michael McMahon
Kilmaley area: Deirdre Neylon, Hilary Blum, Michael Rynne, Mary Ita Griffin
Connolly area: Noel Carmody, Breeda Greene, Verona O’Neill
Lisroe area: Brendan Connellan, Flan Lynch
Inch area: Michael McMahon, Gerry Killeen
If you wish to join Kilmaley/Inch/Connolly Community Text Alert please contact any member of the committee.
There will be a fee of €10 per person to cover the initial set-up costs (signs, poles etc.) and also to cover the cost of texts (6c each) that may be sent from time to time.